[Scottish] Dvd Burners and their fickle ways

ray rayH at engineering-intelligence.co.uk
Thu Jul 22 10:11:18 BST 2004

On Thursday 22 July 2004 00:42, Phil Deane wrote:
PD> Burned a data DVD full of FLACS and SHNS in k3b.

Which K3B/KDE?  current is 0.11.12/3.2.3
During the upgrade cycle I had problems writing DVD ISOs althoug CDs were OK, but the present set-up seems to work. When things weren't working for KDE/K3B I used X-CD-Roast.
I have mixed success with RW DVDs being readable on other players, but I think that this is due to not having found the right media yet.

Does Settings/Configure k3b/Devices  match your hardware specs?
I assume that Notifications/Logging is on and that K3b claims to complete with no errors. In the Burn dialogue did you select "Verify written data" ?
You might also take a look in Settings/Configure k3b/Programs to look for anything obviously missing or ancient.

--
ray