[Scottish] sendmail probs on Mandrake

Allan Bruce allanmb at f2s.com
Wed Jun 2 21:55:18 BST 2004

I have installed sendmail from source on my Mandrake9.1 box.  I had a few probs getting it to build, but fixed them fine.  Sendmail runs, but i get two errors now:

1) when trying to send a mail, I get the following message:
"can not chdir(/var/spool/clientmqueue/): Permission denied Program mode requires special privileges, e.g., root or TrustedUser."

2) when receiving mail, I get:
"erg.abdn.ac.uk... Unrecognized host name erg.abdn.ac.uk."
I test this by telneting to sendmail, and typing
"mail from allan at erg.abdn.ac.uk"

does anybody know how to fix either of these?
Cheers
Allan