[Scottish] Recommendations on ISDN service/provider?

Colin Fraser cfraser at riverfern.co.uk
Sat Jun 5 15:33:06 BST 2004

Hi (at last),

Sorry it's taken so long to respond and thanks to all all for their help and
suggestions. Working in Ireland during the week, delays getting BT to convert
my ISDN to DSL. etc. meant that it was all verrrry slow going.

Particular thanks to Phil. Took your suggestion and signed up with force9
(quoted you when I signed up - have they honoured the referral?).

Same problems with the Alcatel modem, eventually gave up and bought a Zoom X5
(modem, router, firewall and 4-port switch). Not cheap at 80GBP but  gives a
lot of bang for the buck. Nice browser based configuration. I'd recommend it
to anyone.

Setup literally took minutes and (once I managed to spell my username -
cfraser - how difficult can that be?) connected first time. The connection
seems great. The bandwidth speed checker on their site reports 477kbs against
a target of 460 for the service!

Cheers and thanks to all,

Colin

Colin