[Scottish] Failed RPM dependencies - what to do about 'em?

Charles McCrimmon Specis at Specis-Design.co.uk
Wed Jun 16 23:30:54 BST 2004

Utter nutz :D

Gotta love it when this crops up,

If you take the time and learn how to install Linux software correctly
without RPM, Debs etc you'll have a much greater chance of working out
what goes wrong when dependencies fail with an RPM.

Its just like windows in that respect, when the MSI scripts go arse-up
and you have to use an extracter and manually install something, you
dont immediatly bitch about the os, you just suck it in and get on with
it, Both OS's have many uses and many many daft little features/bugs
just accept that no OS is gonna live up to your own personally
expectations unless you sit down and write it from scratch yourself.

I personally use Windows XP and Gentoo Linux and i can say honestly
neither is more stable that the other, i suffer freeze's and crashs on
both equally, its a learning curve :) you reboot and remember not to try
that again :D

anyway, i was just mailing to say i think this is nutz havin a public
argument/discussion about windows Vs Linux on a Lug mailing list utterly
nutz :D

L8tr
Charles McCrimmon
(specis)