[Scottish] Hosting Recommended

Miah Gregory mace at darksilence.net
Mon Mar 15 12:17:58 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 09:08, Philip Ward wrote:

> Here's another recommendation solicitation. A friend of mine works
> from home and so do his employees. They want a VPN setup so they can
> have a secure central file store and possibly a secure IMAP mail
> store. Samba over VPN should be fun.

-snip-

> Anyone recommend a (preferably Scottish) hosting company that can help
> for a reasonable price?

Not Scottish, and not quite available yet, but Catalyst2 are about to
start doing UML accounts, and being based in telehouse, are low latency,
which'll be important for something like samba.

Planned packages are:
		Package 1	Package 2	Package 3	Package 4
Memory		64Mb		128Mb		192Mb		256Mb
Diskspace	3Gb		6Gb		10Gb		12Gb
Transfer	25Gb		35Gb		55Gb		70Gb
Backup space	None		1Gb		2Gb		4Gb
IP		1		2		2		2
Price		15ukp		25ukp		35ukp		70ukp

Prices exclude VAT and are monthly.

There'll be upgrade options most likely for these, so you could buy
extra backup space, for instance.

Drop me a mail off list if you're interested or want any further info.

--
Miah Gregory