[Scottish] Re: XFree86 4.4 RPMs for Mandrake 10.0? (Fulvio Valente)

Bernd Porr bp1 at cn.stir.ac.uk
Mon Mar 15 12:35:06 GMT 2004

Interesting to know WHAT has changed in the license. Had a
look at the license page at xfree but it doesn't look
suspicious.

Anyway. I've simply installed it directly from xfree. Simply
follow the readme on the ftp server. There's a simple
installation script. It worked for me for debian woody.

/Bernd

Martin Habets wrote:
> Don't know about mandrake, but a lot of distributions are refusing to ship
> XFree 4.4 because it is on a new licence.
> If you realy want it, you may have to get it from www.xfree.org directly.
>
> I've read about plans on a fork that would remain on the old licence, but have
> not checked if that has already happended.
>
> Martin
>

>>From: "Fulvio Valente" <fulvio at val2003.fsnet.co.uk>
>>I've been searching for a XFree 4.4 rpm for a while with no success. If anyone can point me to
>>or make an rpm, I'll be eternally grateful

Contact information:
http://www.cn.stir.ac.uk/~bp1
http://www.linux-usb-daq.com/