[Scottish] Suggestions/help with barcode scanner {Scanned}

scotlug at mlsis.co.uk scotlug at mlsis.co.uk
Fri Mar 19 16:26:14 GMT 2004

Ben,
The rs232 port normally gives VERY low power output, even running 2 IR-LEDs can overload some serial ports :(
Are you sure there isnt any other connectors for power?
When you tried it on w2k did you bring up hyperterminal, connect direcly to the com port (speed 9600/1 stop/no parity) and try typing commands like AT <return>?

Sorry if im stating the obfious but not sure what stuff you have tried yet :)

Ben Thorp <THORPB at uk.ibm.com> wrote ..