[Scottish] Anybody know a good text editor which can run in abrowser

Rory Gibson rory at deadcrow.net
Wed May 12 13:19:23 BST 2004

Actually there's nothing to stop you writing an applet that communicates
with something (eg a servlet, or anything else listening on a socket) on
the server side. Writing a text editor as a servlet is quite nasty -
screen refreshes would take ages.
Using an applet will allow some processing to be done client side, while
the data can be saved on the servlet.
  - Rory