[Scottish] May's Meeting

Ben Thorp THORPB at uk.ibm.com
Tue May 25 12:53:42 BST 2004

May's meeting will be on Thursday 27th May. The first part of the meeting
is held in the Department of Computer and Information Sciences Seminar Room
(L13.18), Livingston Tower, University of Strathclyde, G1 1XH from 19.30 to
21.00

The second part of the meeting occurs in The Counting House pub on George
Square from about 21.00

This month I (Ben Thorp aka mrBen) will be giving a (short) talk on
cross-platform development using Python and wxPython (subtitle: "Why the
hell do you need a barcode reader?"). The talk will be aimed more at
newbies than gurus, and will hopefully show how quick and easy it is to
start developing your own applications.

------

I (We) are still needing people who would be willing to provide some
content for meetings in the 2nd half of the year.

Ben Thorp