[Scottish] Hi from Down Under

Willie Fleming willie at itscotland.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 14:35:27 GMT 2004

On Thursday 04 November 2004 13:34, William Anderson wrote:
> Ben Thorp wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > There's none planned apart from the shindig at this point, but there's no
> > reason why we can't have a meeting if there is enough demand.
>
> the larger problem beyond demand is likely access to livi tower while the
> uni is basically closed for the xmas hols - if kenny or a.n.other member of
> faculty can't get us access, I'm unsure the Counting House is a good place
> to hold a "formal" session, especially that close to xmas when lots of folk
> will likely be in for ra beer :)
If its a "business-orientated" agenda, then it might be worth seeing if
Glasgow Chamber of Commerce can help -- their place is at the top end of the
square from the Counting House. Obviously if it goes there then we would
expect a different turn-out from our usual meetings but that might not be
entirely a bad thing. We'd need to be on our best behaviour which would take
some of the fun out of it -  thinker and me couldn't trade our usual insults
etc but then again it might bring us new members with a different perspective
- or at least into contact with people with different perspectives.
--
Willie Fleming
willief at gmail.com