[Scottish] Clear out - update

Kyle Gordon kyle at lodge.glasgownet.com
Thu Nov 18 12:52:29 GMT 2004

On Thursday 18 November 2004 12:35, Craig Perry wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I figured it better label it spam for precisely that reason, so that spam
> filters will catch it. I appreciate not everyone wants this kind of thing
> in their inbox, therefore those with agressive spam filters who would not
> want to see this kind of thing, wont see it.
>
> Willie Flemming was saying about it getting caught in the spam filters last
> night when he came over, i think this is something to do with my email
> address right enough, not so much the title, as all my posts have to be
> manually posted by the moderators AFAIK - don't know what i've done wrong
> in setting up the subscription to the list?!
>
> In future though i do concur that [FS] would be a better tag than SPAM SPAM
> SPAM.
>
> My apologies to the list moderators.

Not a problem. One or two posts like that is OK, but everyone was posting with
the same subject, and everyone was getting caught up in the filters.

Something on mailman.lug.org.uk is broken as well. You are getting trapped as
spam, even though the headers show that you get a score of -4.8, and to be
tagged as spam it needs to be +7... And I, for one, can't post new emails to
the list, only replies. Anything new just silently vanishes into the ether.

No apologies needed imho, just thought I would dole out some hints since the
time arose (although others may disagree :-)

Kyle