[Scottish] OT: Desperately seeking Claris

Colin McKinnon colin.mckinnon at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 23 21:02:20 GMT 2004

"No he covets, that's his nature. And how do we begin to covet Claris? Do we
seek out things to covet? Make an effort to answer."

...in a sequitor to the discussion on computers for mothers, I'm desperately
trying to track down a copy of Claris Works for Windows. My mother had been
using Claris Works extensively on her old PC before it gave up the ghost (HD
died) and I replaced it with a Linux box. It was a licensed copy on the
Windows box (but I can't find the packaging/license anywhere, and the copies
of the install floppies have blanked over the years).

It no longer seems to be available to buy, and I can't find anything which
will happily read the files.

I'm willing to pay (gasps from the audience) for an official copy.

(I know about the shareware thing that tries to convert Claris works file to
RTF - it does run under WINE, but it's not very good)

Ta,

Colin