[Scottish] Sempron v Athlon - or Celeron?

Graeme Boyd graeme at orbithost.com
Sat Oct 30 17:10:30 BST 2004

Hi Neil,

Have a read at:

http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/20040728/index.html

To summarise, the Sempron == Athlon XP except for the Sempron 3100+
which is available for socket 754 motherboards.  The 3100+ is basically
a 32bit only Athlon 64.  Both look to be usefully faster and more power
efficient than the Celeron.

Between the Athlon and the Sempron I'd go for the Sempron 2500+.

Regards,

Graeme