[Scottish] Fwd: running Commodore Amiga word processing files on a PC

Kenny Duffus Kenny.Duffus at cis.strath.ac.uk
Mon Sep 20 12:16:07 BST 2004

presumably he isn't on the list, so any replies should be directed to him
aswell:

Subject: Fwd: running Commodore Amiga word processing  files on a PC
Date: Monday 20 September 2004 12:03
From: Brian Devlin <silverphine at yahoo.co.uk>
To: webmaster at scotlug

Brian Devlin <silverphine at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:39:17
 +0100 (BST) From: Brian Devlin
To: silverphine at yahoo.co.uk

Hello,

Can anyone help me?

I got a Commodore Amiga 500 back in the early 90`s and have written a Hell of
 a load of word processing files (just words, no pictures or graphics).  I`ve
 heard I can`t run these on a proper PC but I`ve heard too there are some
 freerware/shareware progs that will let me take all my work with me.

Which story is true?

So far all my efforts have come up blank.  I am using Glasgow District
 Libraries ( I don`t have my own PC yet for the reason mentioned above).
 Also, I`m not too clued up on the web/net -- my interest lies more toward
 word processing.  (All files were written on an Amiga formated independent
 word processing prog "KindWords" which let me save files as "documents" or
 ASCII files [American Standard Character II].  All my files are personal not
 business/work related.

To date, I`m trying to get over the dilemma of taking my work onto
 Windows/Excel/Word, etc etc.  But now it occurs I could just bypass that and
 try Linux and fuck Bill Gates.

Can anybody point me toward a solution (even if it is Windows based).  Again,
 please note:  I`m no genius/guru merely writing for personal pleasure (and
 loathe to leave behind all my work).  Also, please note:  I`m not trying to
 link-up or connect my old on-it`s-last legs Amiga to a PC.  I`m looking to
 get shot of that, thanks very much!  So it`s a "conversion" or adaptation
 prog I`m looking for, I guess.

Thanks for your time.  Any help would be appreciated.

Yours,
Brian Devlin.

--
Kenny Duffus                                       /~\ The ASCII
Department of Computer & Information Sciences      \ / Ribbon Campaign