[Scottish] SuSe Internet Access

ray rayH at engineering-intelligence.co.uk
Tue Apr 26 10:57:45 BST 2005

On Monday 25 April 2005 07:22, Robert Barbour wrote:
RB>  I understand nothing about DNS, host names etc.

Mostly when using a dial-up ISP people get their ip address, default gateway, and nameservers dynamically.
My guess is that because you have set these as static.
YAST/Network Devices/Modems/Providers/Edit/Next - select:
	Modify DNS when connected
	Automatically retrieve DNS (or insert P: 194.134.5.5  S: 194.134.5.55 for Wannadoo)
/IP Details - select:
	Dynamic IP address
/OK/Next/Finish

Are you using a different mail address to the one that you subscribed with, or is the 16 hour posting delay due to mailman.lug.org.uk?

--
ray