[Scottish] defy id card meeting

Charles McCrimmon Specis at Specis-Design.co.uk
Sat Feb 5 00:00:09 GMT 2005

Alice wrote:

>This is not related to Colin's email:
>If someone's sole reason for coming to the meeting is to be disruptive or
>argue about the cards, than obviously I'd rather they didn't show up, because
>this is a relaunch meeting for a campaign group, and it'd be a bit
>disrespectful of everyone's time, as well as self important to think that the
>most important use of our collective time is to argue with a single person,
>when there's 5 million other folks in Scotland, and 58 million in the UK as a
>whole. Its also a bit arrogant - I'm sure you are a unique and special
>individual, but maybe we have thought of and already discarded those points.

I know this wasnt aimed at me, but as i asked i'd also like to answer
that,  i asked solely out of curiosity. I had no intention of attending
to do nothing but cause arguments.  I just wondered if the meething was
going to be open to people from both sides of the fence on the matter as
you already stated there is 5 Million people in scotland and this rule
might just be getting put into force for the same reasons thats your
rallying against where the view of a few are taken before the view of
the majority.

I've heard a few reasons against the cards and didnt really think they
were "Big" enought in my own view to bother going against the idea.  And
i'd probably like to hear any other views on it incase it does sway me over.

But i understand that the initial meeting isnt a place for that kind of
discussion and i respect your view on the matter and will not be
attending this time.  But when your ready for maybe an open discussion
on this matter then please keep me in the loop.

Bye
Charles McCrimmon
(Specis)