[Scottish] Sorting out our new computer with Linux

John McCreadie jmccreadie at btconnect.com
Tue Mar 15 17:17:58 GMT 2005

Dear Ian,

I am in Newton Mearns on the Southside and as one person put it "Oh you are
above the snow line".

Regarding Suse Linux 9.2 I bought it separately from the computer. The
computer was made up from the main component parts namely motherboard, and
Athlon 64 etc was suggested by Suse Linux.

I have just bought a new external serial modem but I have not got it working
yet.

Regarding the Sound I am not getting anything out of it as it is within the
motherboard under Creative SB Live and Suse Linux do not support it??

The Graphics card has been configured with software within the Linux but it
does not have 3D.

I feel that I need someone to get this working.

Trusting you can help..

Yours sincerely,

John McCreadie.