[Scottish] Sorting out our new computer with Linux

Ian Gilfillan igilfillan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 14:52:57 GMT 2005

I went and had a look at this machine for john he has done well in
getting the system up and running the remaining problems are as
follows:

kinternet: detecting modem but not dialling successfully. I tested the
modem successfully with minicom and created a custom pppd script to
dial the provider and connect to the internet although I will have to
spend more time getting it integrated with kinternet or at least
finding out what the problem with kinternet is. Anyone have any ideas
as I don't have a modem installed to test?

Graphics Driver: yast/Sax correctly identifies video card but does not
allow 3d, left the current drivers with instruction doc. Checked to
see if filesystem setup correctly for 3d and it seems to be. waiting
to hear if successful.

Sound: left current ALSA drivers and configuration doc.

I only had 1.5 hours so not a lot of time to fix...will try to get
back if needed.

good luck John

Ian