[Scottish] USB Memory stick problem with SUSE

Alan R alan at nonsite.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 07:59:34 GMT 2005

Hi,
I'm having some trubs with  USB mem stick. I'm running SUSE 9.2 pro and have
inserted a 32mb memory stick,  Suse recognised it and the device shows up on
My Computer with a nice icon  and also
 in  /media/usb-USB-FlashDisk:0:0:0p1.

However, when I click on any of the folders / icons, I get this error message:

'Could not enter folder /media/usb-USB-FlashDisk:0:0:0p1.

I have tried SU and still get same error.

Heres the contents of Mstab:

/dev/hda2 / reiserfs rw,acl,user_xattr 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,mode=0620,gid=5 0 0
/dev/hdd1 /mnt/hdd1 vfat rw 0 0
/dev/hdb /media/cdrecorder subfs
ro,nosuid,nodev,fs=cdfss,procuid,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/fd0 /media/floppy subfs rw,nosuid,nodev,sync,fs=floppyfss,procuid 0 0
/dev/sda1 /media/usb-USB-FlashDisk:0:0:0p1 subfs
rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,sync,procuid,iocharset=utf8 0 0

Do any Suse headz know what the devil is going on here?
Thanks,
Alan R