[Scottish] USB Memory stick problem with SUSE

Giles Innocent g.innocent at vet.gla.ac.uk
Wed Mar 23 16:21:27 GMT 2005

I know absolutely nothing about SUSE, but here goes.

I notice that the USB stick is mounted as /dev/sda1.  On my machine
(Debian sarge) although my (usb mass storage device) camera must be
mounted as /dev/sda1, my usb stick must be mounted as /dev/sda no idea
why!

I suggest as SU try
mount -t vfat /dev/sda /some/mount/point
then see if you can access it via /some/mount/point.  If this works
then you'll either need to put a corresponding line in your /etc/fstab
file and mount it manually, or do some SUSE magic to get it to mount
properly.

Hope this helps

Giles