[Scottish] ADSL connection gotchas?

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri Sep 16 22:08:38 BST 2005

John Ollason wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am becoming fed up with my demon dial-up service, and by chance I have
> inherited a Speedtouch USB ADSL modem. I am planning to try to connect to
> plus.net using the Premier package. I have downloaded linux firmware from
> the speedtouch site,
>
> I am currently running Redhat 7.3.

If you don't mind dedicating your box to the task, SmoothWall Express 2.0
works out of the box (well, with a firmware download easily done) with the
speedtouch frog.  http://www.smoothwall.org/

Oh, and IME plusnet are fucktards of the highest order, but YMMV.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | It's called a "changeover."  The movie
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | goes on, and nobody in the audience has