[Scottish] ADSL connection gotchas?

Skoby mrskoby at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 08:50:02 BST 2005

i've been with plusnet for over a year now, i've never had a problem
with the service. whenever i have queries they pass me onto the
techies and its answered effieciently. Not to mention the great speeds
and great pices. Currently i'm on 2MB Premier package... Average DL
speed.. between 380kbs and 450 kbs, now thats a good service for
21.99/month!

On 9/16/05, William Anderson <neuro at well.com> wrote:
> John Ollason wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I am becoming fed up with my demon dial-up service, and by chance I have
> > inherited a Speedtouch USB ADSL modem. I am planning to try to connect to
> > plus.net using the Premier package. I have downloaded linux firmware from
> > the speedtouch site,
> >
> > I am currently running Redhat 7.3.
>
> If you don't mind dedicating your box to the task, SmoothWall Express 2.0
> works out of the box (well, with a firmware download easily done) with the
> speedtouch frog.  http://www.smoothwall.org/
>
> Oh, and IME plusnet are fucktards of the highest order, but YMMV.
>
> --
> _ __/|  William Anderson      | It's called a "changeover."  The movie
> \`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | goes on, and nobody in the audience has
> =(_ _)= http://neuro.me.uk/   | any idea.
>    U  - Thhbt! GPG 0xFA5F1100 |   -- the Narrator, "Fight Club"

Skoby