[Scottish] SuSe 10 Installation

Colin McKinnon colin.mckinnon at ntlworld.com
Sun Feb 26 02:33:30 GMT 2006

On Thursday 23 February 2006 22:24, Robert Barbour wrote:
> I tried 'sax2 -l' and got sax2 running properly, so far so good!
>
> I tried setting 640x480 at 60 Hz, but still got the out of range message.

Maybe a bit low for a modern monitor. Common ones to start with are:

640x480 at 70
640x480 at 75
800x600 at 60
800x600 at 70
800x600 at 75
1024x768 at 60
1024x768 at 70

Just sub this in place of the 1024x800 at 70 in Ray's suggestion:
>   If you know the monitor and graphics card specifications you can try e.g.
>  sax2 --vesa 0:1024x800 at 70

(1024x800 Ray?)

If it really is less than 5 years old, and UK spec, the monitor most be
capable of running in its "recommended" resolution at 70Hz or greater. If its
a 15", then higher resolutions than 1024x768 are not worth bothering about
(and probably not supported).

HTH

C.