[Scottish] SuSe 10 Installation

Robert Barbour rlbarbour at castleventures.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Feb 23 22:24:50 GMT 2006

I tried 'sax2 -l' and got sax2 running properly, so far so good!

I tried setting 640x480 at 60 Hz, but still got the out of range message.

I take your point about lack of information :
Graphics adaptor is AGP GEF2 MX4000 with 64MB DDR.
Monitor is 15 inch Logix, model MP503.
Both are around 4-5 years  old.

I saw an option in sax2 to set the upper limits on  horizontal and vertical frequencies, so I tried reducing them to H 40 kHz and V 50 Hz.

The test before saving option in sax2 just produced light blue/white screens with feint vertical lines, and still no success!

Any suggestions for settings to try?

Regards
Rob

 Message Received: Feb 23 2006, 06:47 AM