[Scottish] An American In Glasgow

Mitchell Hagerty mitchell.hagerty at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 13:44:14 BST 2006

Hiya,

Just arrived in Glasgow and am looking to plug in.

I've noticed there is a SLUG meeting this thursday, what is the turn out like?

If you don't mind a few questions:

What is the Linux/UNIX job market like arround Glasgow?

Hitting Monster and 1sjobs it looks likes Hudson, Computer People and
First People Solutions are contracting out the most. Anyone familiar
with these companies?

Is there a good place (i.e. not PC World) to purchase hardware
(new/used) locally or on the interweb? In the U.S. I used geeks.com
but haven't found the U.K. equivalent.  How about a City Desk?

Cheers,
Mitch