[Scottish] Re: [edlug] Freenode IRC Network

Dan Shearer dan at shearer.org
Fri Apr 6 13:40:07 BST 2007

On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 11:37:05AM +0100, James (njan) Eaton-Lee wrote:

> network (where both edlug and scotlug have IRC channels) is currently
> holding a design contest.

Oh yes, you mentioned #edlug in Glasgow..  I wonder if for the moment
might it be better encourage newcomers to meet one another in #scotlug?
Already that's where people from all over Scotland know to congregate.
Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Stirling and places I can't pronounce. Seems to me
the OSS communities in Scotland are still coming out of their shells and
choosing now to split a nicely functioning channel isn't going to help
that.

My sense so far is that #scotlug isn't really Glasgow-centric, more
Scottland-centric. And like you I don't live in Edinburgh at all, so
#scotlug works for me. Or put another way, if a very small number of
people are talking about their software bits in #edlug I'd rather they
maximised the benefit (and got what is often an instant answer or
pointer) over in #scotlug.

--
Dan Shearer
dan at shearer.org