[Scottish] Re: [edlug] Freenode IRC Network

Dan Shearer dan at shearer.org
Fri Apr 6 14:37:04 BST 2007

On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 02:09:01PM +0100, Robert Mclay wrote:

>  This is just my opinion to share with the group, and
>  I can see your perspective too.

My motivations are these:

 1. I'd like to see as many channels as active as possible

 2. Encouraging people to go to a channel where there isn't enough
    activity tends to discourage people, and I know that if I point
    someone at #scottish there's a good chance they'll find a
    conversation to join and talk about whatever it was they wanted to
    talk about.

I don't really mind either, just so long as people do stuff with a view
to maximising the useful energy rather than bothering about geography.
I've yet to understand how an Apache problem is specific to Glasgow but
I'm sure it's possible :-) :-)

--
Dan Shearer
dan at shearer.org