[Scottish] isp and linux

Tim Brocklehurst t.brocklehurst at henryabram.co.uk
Wed Aug 8 08:58:39 BST 2007

I don't think it matters too much. As long as you use a ADSL->Ethernet
router the Linux box will see a TCP/IP Ethernet connection with a
gateway. If you want to use a non-ethernet system (eg ADSL->USB) then
it's a question of hardware support.

I have used Linux (and in fact, RISC-OS) successfully on connections
supplied BT, Pipex and Tiscali, using an ADSL->Ethernet router.
Personally I thought Pipex was probably the best of the three.

Tim B.