[BGSpam]Re: [Scottish] Linux apparell in Glasgow

Colin Speirs c.speirs at equus.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 12 21:23:25 GMT 2007

Andrew Back wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Feb 2007, ed wrote:
>
> <<SNIP>>
>
>> If it was an independent event that MS happened to be at then sure,
>> since it is organised and paid for by MS and my work happens to be their
>> guests I think that would be a bit dodgy for what little remains of my
>> career prospects.
>>
>> At least I got linux onto our network, thanks to SAMBA, but we need more
>> on the system
>
> Just as the anarchist approach to society has not resulted in a utopian
> state, neither will 'Linux anarchy' result in a similarly utopian OSS
> based computing estate across organisations. Rise above I say, as
> agressive behaviour generally tends to make business folk wary, and thus
> be counterproductive. Of course if the intention is purely to irritate
> then thats a different matter. In my opinion a carrot is better than a
> stick.
>
> You could always ask MS what they have in mind for the resultant Novell
> fork of Linux if it is ruled Novell are not allowed to use future Linux
> versions :o)

I think the keynote speaker is Fred 'Uncle Tam' Macauley

I doubt we are going to get much insight.

Mind you, since the work is a bit of the Government and we are close to
that shopping centre looking building near the Palace of Holyrood House
you never know.

I've ordered a 'One by one the penguins are stealing my sanity' T-Shrt
with loads of mini-tuxses, but I doubt it will arrive in time

col
--
In Absentia Luci, Tenebrae Vincit!            <*>
c.speirs @ equus . demon . co . uk