[Scottish] aKademy2007

Rory Macdonald rory at employees.org
Fri Feb 16 01:08:39 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 21:48 +0000, Kyle Gordon wrote:
> Evening all,
>
> Thought I would take this opportunity to ask a few questions to the
> ScotLUG community.
>
> aKademy2007 is coming up at the end of June, and we're in the middle of
> preparations for it. We are currently seeking suggestions on where to
> hold a formal dinner for approximately 200 people preferably in the
> Glasgow city centre area. There's a lot of restaurants out there, but
> not many seem to want 200 people. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

You've got to be kidding? Most large hotel in the city can seat way over
200 easily. The largest seating venue for dinners in the city is the
Thistle Hotel, although they're probably not that cheap per seat. Other
hotels may be easier/cheaper to book.

But be realistic in terms of your venues and your budgets in a city
centre location. Don't expect charity. Not many (any?) hospitality
venues are tuned into OSS.

Rory