[Scottish] New software tip for web programmers

Colin McKinnon colin.mckinnon at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 22 23:30:10 GMT 2007

Hi all,

A long time ago someone suggested we have a 'my favourite tool' spot at the
talks or on email...whatever.

If you develop websites and haven't already heard of it, check out firebug (a
Firefox extension) - I've ditched my Firefox Web Developer and Tamper Data
extensions for it. You can also use it for managing the instrumentation in
your code - see fire php - but its all just HTTP, so you could still use the
Fire PHP extension if you're working in Java, Perl, Ruby, Python...ASP?

It's changed the 'back' button on Firefox on my works machine (MS Win2k) into
a (another) 'Crash Now' button, but runs a treat on Linux.

Start here: http://terrychay.com/blog/article/clever-http.shtml

C.