[Scottish] Eben Moglen (GPL author) lecture Edinburgh, 26th June

Dan Shearer dan at shearer.org
Thu Jun 14 09:38:25 BST 2007

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 09:53:13PM +0100, William Anderson wrote:

> "Eben Moglen, the lawyer behind the GPL family of licenses" = incorrect

For nearly 15 years, if you were a serious GPL violater the FSF counsel
who would carry out the legal moves against you was Eben Moglen.  That's
what "behind" means. When RMS asked Eben to act for him in connection
with his (RMS') GPL2 it was because there was no lawyer behind the GPL
until Eben came along.  Without enforcement the GPL wouldn't be much use
to us.

Whatever -- let's lighten up, come along and ask him yourself!  I'm clearly
not a primary source, maybe I got it wrong!

--
Dan Shearer
dan at shearer.org