[Scottish] New Thread: I apologise.....

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Mar 1 13:48:59 GMT 2007

babaguy wrote:
>  Dear Alan, and All,Thank you for your encouraging and helpful replies earlier today, which I am trying to follow and use to track down needed information.
>
> SORRY to have annoyed you and other SLUGgers -
>
> It's really not "brain-dump," simply another approach to communication and learning / thinking / processing information - more language- and word-based than computer- or mathematical - concept-based.....

I take time out of my day, usually a lunch break or coffee break, to
read mailing lists such as the ScotLUG list.  If I have to spend longer
than I have to to decipher an e-mail, I'll be less inclined to compose a
reply, much less help out.  Experiments in communication rarely work
well on public mailing lists; my advice is to do as Kyle says, read the
RFCs on how to compose emails and how to reply to mailing lists, and
ensure you follow the guidance you receive *to the letter*, especially
those reminding you of the resources available to you, such as the
Ubuntu Help wiki and even simply googling for answers.

If you have a genuine disability that prevents you from typing
"normally" (whatever that means), such as RSI, dyslexia, etc., then of
course we sympathise and understand.  If, however, you're just fannying
about, then tempers will naturally fray.

It's dead easy to punctuate, the keys are right there on the keyboard :)))

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      |  Tim: Your cheese game is strong.
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | Zane: My cheese game. It's all about the