[Scottish] Re: time spent on Linux stuff...

J.R. Seago j.r.seago at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Mar 1 16:27:48 GMT 2007

It might be a good idea to get back to the beginning. First of all think
about why you want to use GNU/Linux. Secondly, decide what you want it to
do. Thirdly, do you need to be able to inter-operate between GNU/Linux and
Microsoft, (if you do you'll need to have at least Open Office).

Let us, the rest of the mailing list subscribers, have the answers to the
three questions above, in as short a message as possible, and then we can
arrive at a point where we can advise you on what distribution would suit
your needs and wants. We can then go on from there.
--
J.R. Seago
GNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566   http://counter.li.org/