[Scottish] Kubuntu Install help.....?

babaguy babaguy at myway.com
Tue Mar 6 06:55:28 GMT 2007

 Hello again -

I've e-mailed the Scribbler, but many hands might make light work so.....

I finally was able to download and successfully burn the kubuntu ISO CD as recommended by Scribbler (took 5 CD's but, hey!)

I put it into the Linux box and booted- and hit enter when it asked me ("Install Kubuntu") (I've changed the boot order at last!)

The kubuntu logo came up and a back-and-forth bar, but no info about the progress of the install -

Eventually it has given me a command line, and I have no idea what it wants me to do...

I've MAN'd but the machine will not allow me to scroll back up through the output to see what command I might usefully try...

I HAVE tried   sudo apt-get install Kubuntu

and it starts to then give me:   E: couldn't find package kubuntu

Help, please............

- Paul