[Scottish] Re: News Letter April 08

Arron M Finnon afinnon at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 12 17:05:36 BST 2008

It seems some where a long the line i lost to whole concept of what's
going on in this thread.  I'm not sure if I've offended, pissed off, or
replied to people to their satisfaction.

Over the past two months i must admit i'm starting to feel that whatever
i say, i'm going to get someone give me some form of telling off.

All i'm trying to do is keep people informed of a vibrant Linux
community trying it's very hardest to include and inform people from all
over scotland about the events and activities that everyone here has
always been made to feel welcome to.  If you don't make it to a meeting
then fine, but one day you may known someone who is, and maybe they'll
benefit from all the hard effort people are making

I don't get paid, i do this like most people because i enjoy giving back
to the community.  I'm a full time student and a single parent i don't
get a lot of time, but what time i do get a try to use to promote not
just Linux in Dundee and Scotland, but a great sense of interplay
between our LUG's.  So far i've been made to feel like a naughty school
boy or something.  I know that this sounds a little harsh as a few have
tried to make me feel welcome, but some have made me feel the complete
opposite.

I'm sure to some this will offend, but try to understand that this is
not my intention, it's just very disheartening to have posts turned into
arguments.

Arron