[Scottish] Drupal and the society.......

Claudio Calvelli slug at intercal.dyn-o-saur.com
Mon Feb 25 14:33:16 GMT 2008

William Anderson wrote:
> A few people have said something along these lines.  So if ScotLUG is
> being transmogrified into an umbrella LUG covering all Scottish LUGs
> (something that I got shouted down for proposing years ago), what
> happens to ScotLUG in its present form, which is that it is the Glasgow
> LUG ...
>
> And personally, if I wanted to know what's going on in edlug or dundee
> lug, or hantslug, i'd subscribe to their lists.  Just my 2p.

Yes, that was my point too.

At present, I see no reason to subscribe to the Dundee list - the impression
I get is that I would just get a second copy of all Dundee messages, so why
should I bother? If a separate list has been created, perhaps announcing
it here would be more productive than crossposging all messages.

Having said that, there is nothing wrong with using this list to announce
things anywhere in Scotland.