[Scottish] Quad ethernet PCI

Colin Shorts colin.shorts at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 20:45:17 BST 2008

Dear MyFavouriteWeegie,

I also noticed that they are 64bit cards... as for jumbo frames - I believe
that only 1Gbit nic's / equipment can handle that. I've done it at home and
it does make a reasonable difference for larger files (testing from ram
drives as my hard drives can't keep up!). I'd love to be corrected on this
point though ;)

let me know how you get on anyway

http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_private/validateUser.do?target=Devices/Ethernet/ETHER_SunQuadFastEther_PCI

looks like it uses cheerio, so assuming that the cards are pci compatible
with PC's you should be good... if it isn't the cheerio driver then it'll be
the happy meal driver and I've seen both in kernel options for a long time.

-C