[Scottish] PPPoE vs PPPoA

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Jun 17 19:43:53 BST 2008

babaguy wrote:
> [snip]
>
> - ANYWAY, I certainly found configuring the Speedtouch AT ALL to be extremely complex and fraught with ifs ands and buts in various Linux message board postings from around Earth - I eventually settled - as I said to John Seago - on the Safecom ADSL Modem Router, though this may be way basic for what you are looking to do -

Hi babaguy.  To clarify, I meant a Speedtouch router, not the much
older, much less useful Speedtouch family of USB modems.  Be provide
Speedtouch routers with their ADSL2+ offering, and that can be placed
into bridge mode, permitting you to put something else "in the way" of
your LAN and take the static IP instead of the router.

-n