[Scottish] Commsworld & Murphx

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Wed Mar 5 18:41:20 GMT 2008

Tim Brocklehurst wrote:
> I wonder if anyone can help...
>
> Our Aberdeen office is currently using CommsWorld as an ISP, with quite successfully. The actual service is provided by Demon with CommsWorld essentially providing support and maintenance. CommsWorld is now moving to MurphX to supply adsl broadband (amongst other things). The prices certainly look attractive (8Mbps,832Kbps £600 P.A.) but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with them.
>
> We are also looking to upgrade our Glasgow office ADSL, but as this is our main office I REALLY don't want to have a poor provider.
>
> Any Suggestions?

I personally use web tapestry - http://www.webtapestry.net/ - for
similar usage, but to be honest, most BT Wholesale IPstream Max
resellers are much of a muchness.  For a business connection, stick to a
mid-level player like web tap, eclipse, zen, demon, and avoid the "big
hitters" like AOL, BT, Orange, TalkTalk, etc.

You should be more concerned with how contended and how far your
exchange is.  Feed your details into http://www.samknows.com/broadband/
and find out.

-n