[Scottish] IMAP Server

Kyle Gordon kyle at lodge.glasgownet.com
Fri May 9 20:55:11 BST 2008

Andrew Barber wrote:
> Hey guys,I am just looking for a couple of suggestions on good IMAP Server
> software. We was looking over DOVECOT recently, but just wondered what you
> guys thought of that and others that are out there.
>
> Thanks :)

Dovecot rocks. It's been surprisingly stable (even before v1), handles
large maildirs nicely, has plenty of pluggable auth systems, and
generally just does what it should. I recently had a review (can't find
the url now), that compared dovecot, uw-imap and courier in terms of
performance, and dovecot came out a clear winner.

Kyle