[Scottish] IMAP Server

Michael Maclean michael at no-surprises.co.uk
Fri May 9 21:00:22 BST 2008

Hi,

Kyle Gordon wrote:
> Dovecot rocks. It's been surprisingly stable (even before v1), handles
> large maildirs nicely, has plenty of pluggable auth systems, and
> generally just does what it should. I recently had a review (can't find
> the url now), that compared dovecot, uw-imap and courier in terms of
> performance, and dovecot came out a clear winner.

I second that. I've been running it on a number of systems for a good
number of years now, and it has been great. I've just noticed recently
that its auth systems are SASL-compliant, which means I can use them to
set up SMTP AUTH in Postfix very easily without having to run the
saslauthd daemon as well. I'm very happy with it.

Michael