[Scottish] IMAP Server

Robert Lazzurs rob at lazzurs.net
Fri May 16 16:48:10 BST 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Andrew Barber
<andrew.alex.barber at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,I am just looking for a couple of suggestions on good IMAP Server
> software. We was looking over DOVECOT recently, but just wondered what you
> guys thought of that and others that are out there.

Hello,

Dovecot is a very nice IMAP server, very fast and as you can see from
the replies so far very popular.

However I have also deployed courier and cyrus.  If you are looking at
any sort of office setup for a business I would highly recommend
cyrus.  The shared folder support, ACL's and duplicate message
handling (eg only store one copy of the same message) are clear wins
for that type of environment.

Courier I have only ever deployed at ISP's, usually due to weird
authentication requirements but the proxy support has also came in
very handy when moving users from one server to another.

If you have the time let the list know what you choose and why to help
others with the same question searching the archives :)

Kind regards.