[Scottish] Scottish Digest, Vol 232, Issue 2

Roland Ward roland.ward at penguinfactory.co.uk
Fri Nov 28 12:21:32 UTC 2008

> I have been a client of Hosting Scotland for a while and have been very
> pleased with the service they provide for two websites I am responsible
> for. Sadly they are shutting down and I need to migrate to another hosting
> company. I would like to move somewhere that is reasonably programmer
> friendly and with linux, cgi-bin access, server-side includes, Perl, and
> ImageMagick, and ssh or telnet so that I can debug my scripts on the
> server. I am looking for recommendations. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> John O.

We do hosting accounts too! These are primarily for our existing support
 clients but I'm sure we could make an exception for a scotlug user...
We're pretty programmer friendly (we use Gentoo on most of our servers
for heavens sake!) but we don't tend to give ssh access.

If you're looking for a decent virtual webhost (this may be more
suitable for ssh access) then try Gladserv (www.gladserv.com). They
based in Scotland and they'll look after you properly!

--
Roland Ward (Director)

Penguin Factory Ltd
www.penguinfactory.co.uk
Tel: 0845 868 3988

PenguinFactory Limited is a limited company registered in Scotland
registered in Scotland number SC270171.
Registered office: Penguin Factory Limited, c/o Sinclair Wood and Co. 90
Mitchell Street Glasgow. G1 3NQ.