[Scottish] Hosting recommendations

carl at ping.nu carl at ping.nu
Thu Nov 27 17:07:45 UTC 2008

John,

I have nothing but positive experiences of http://www.mythic-beasts.com/

They provide a service they call VDS - Virtual Dedicated Server - where you
can rent a virtual machine with a small - but functional - amount of memory
and have local root and (virtual) console access.

I used to have my personal web and email server on a virtual Debian server
there for about £10 per month - only reason I left was because I switched to
a broadband provider (Zen) with fixed Ip addresses so I now can run the same
thing for free at home.

Regards,

Carl