[Scottish] Amazon albums?

Colin McKinnon colin.mckinnon at ntlworld.com
Wed May 6 20:34:58 UTC 2009

On Sunday 26 April 2009 01:54:25 am Matt Causey wrote:
> My understanding is that those files are not audio files.  They are
> used by the downloader to get the mp3s from the Amazon mp3 store.  I
> don't know of any way to get at the mp3 files other than using the
> Amazon client to pull them.
>
> --
> Matt
>
> On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 11:27 PM, Colin McKinnon
>
> <colin.mckinnon at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does anybody know if there's anything other than amazonMP3 which will
> > open .amz files.

Your description of the files is certainly correct.

I found a project called clamz (http://code.google.com/p/clamz/) which claims
to be able to process the .amz files and download the music; when I have a
couple of hours to kill at my own PC I'll get it built and give it a try-out
(and of course let you all know how I get on).

C.