[Scottish] GPS Antenna

Kyle Gordon kyle at lodge.glasgownet.com
Mon Apr 5 20:01:33 UTC 2010

Morning all,

I'm about to permanently install a GPS receiver into my Landie, and am
seeking recommendations for a good GPS antenna. It has to be USB
terminated and suitable for mounting on the external bodywork.

I'm _was_ looking at marine grade kit, like Evermore, Raymarine, Garmin,
Lowrance, etc, but dhear ghord it gives me heart failure when I see the
prices. There's the usual gamut of £9.99 ones off ebay, but I'd like to
spend a little more and get something decent!

So, any recommendations for a decent USB external GPS antenna? I'd
rather the inevitable onboard serial to USB bridge doesn't randomly
flake out like my current PL2303 one, and preferably something that
supports WAAS/EGNOS too... maybe even Galileo if possible :-)

Cheers

Kyle