[Scottish] GPS Antenna

Julian Gibson julian at rjmg.net
Mon Apr 5 21:19:08 UTC 2010

Hi Kyle

Not strictly answering the question, but I have one half of a steel roof
rail set mounted at the rear and one of the £20 mag mount jobbies (from
memory got it from http://www.gpsw.co.uk) stuck to that.  Wrapped the
cable around the rail a couple of times to give it extra holding.  From
my understanding the the EGNOS signal is transmitted on the same L1
frequency as the regular navigation signals so you don't need a special
antenna, just a WAAS/EGNOS compatible receiver.  Works fine and gets a
nice view of the sky for OSM use.  The 60CSx regularly thinks it is
getting < 10ft accuracy.

Cheers
Julian