[Scottish] RHCE

Dan Shearer dan at shearer.org
Tue Dec 14 13:47:37 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 12:59:01PM +0000, Andrew Calverley wrote:

> In the enterprises I have worked in, LPI has never been asked for. RHCE has
> been the only Linux OS cert which I have seen on a Job Spec sheet.

I've never yet had a problem when stating that people I'm bringing into
companies are Linux engineers, even when specific qualifications have
been stipulated as a condition. Sometimes there is a query from
technical people, easily addressed, but I've never had one with
management.

Perhaps it's worth coming up with a better way to describe skillsets?
Maybe consider advertising something like "Experienced Linux engineers
with a background in Red Hat, SuSE, Ubuntu".

Dan