[Scottish] Unsubscribing (was: Jotismland)

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 09:17:20 UTC 2011

On 08/12/11 07:46, Claudio Calvelli wrote:
> There they would receive all these "unsubscribe me" messages (and probably
> nothing else) until they figured out how to follow the simple instructions
> instead of asking other people to do it for them.

And these instructions would be where?  They're not at the bottom of
this email and the only link goes to an HTTPS page that is likely to
chuck up an "Invalid certificate" warning which people would rightly be
disinclined to add an exception for without doing some research first.
And do we forget that some mail systems do use the subject "unsubscribe"
as a way to, well, unsubscribe?

Is it not possible to make everyone's life easier by simply having an
"Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email?  Once it's that obvious,
then one might be justified in publicly chastising people.

Sorry if I seem rude and I am not trying to have a go at you
specifically, Claudio.

For those who wish to unsubscribe:
	Click the link at the bottom of this email.
		If you get an "Untrusted/Invalid certificate warning" it's probably
because CAcert.org is not included in the trust root of your browser for
various reasons.  Simply add a temporary exception.
	Scroll to the bottom of the page.
	Bang in your email address beside the "Unsubscribe or edit options" button.
	Click the button.
	Follow the further instructions on the next page.
J.
(For the avoidance of doubt, I do not wish to unsubscribe)